- The direction of travel for Europe is towards a single, unified state;
- (...and there needs to be; just look at the Euro mess or France's inability to make supply-side reforms;)
- Britain has spent 3 centuries and more trying to stop that happening;
- There will never be appetite for ceding more sovereignty to Brussels;
- If we don't address this now, we'll have to do it someday in the next 20-30 years;
- But only half-in the UK now wants half-out of the European Union, hence the mess.
Gold Price News
Gold Investing In Depth
Gold Investment Analysis
Adrian Ash is director of research at BullionVault, the physical gold and silver market for private investors online. Formerly head of editorial at London's top publisher of private-investment advice, he was City correspondent for The Daily Reckoning from 2003 to 2008, and is now a regular contributor to many leading analysis sites including Forbes and a regular guest on BBC national and international radio and television news. Adrian's views on the gold market have been sought by the Financial Times and Economist magazine in London; CNBC, Bloomberg and TheStreet.com in New York; Germany's Der Stern; Italy's Il Sole 24 Ore, and many other respected finance publications.
See the full archive of Adrian Ash articles on GoldNews.
Please Note: All articles published here are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it. Please review our Terms & Conditions for accessing Gold News.