- Frequently Asked Questions
- FAQs : Why BullionVault?
- FAQs : Safety
- FAQs : Vaulting
- FAQs : Operational
- FAQs : About Us
- FAQs : Governance
- FAQs : Robots
- FAQs : For US residents
- How to do it
- Open my account
- Fund my account
- View our bank details
- View our tariff
- Buy gold, silver and platinum
- Daily price
- Regular Gold Investment Plan
- Silver and platinum
- Claim my free bullion/money
- Trade my free bullion
- Validate my account
- Submit a document
- Reserve a specific bar
- Become a referrer
- Sell my gold, silver and platinum
- Withdraw funds
- Withdraw bullion
- Use the order panel
- Monitor my orders
- Cancelling my order
- Modify account settings
- Track spot prices
- Modify my limit price
- Set my limit duration
- See my trading history
- Prove my money is safe
- See the vault bar lists
- See client bank statement
- Switch to a different vault
- Understand my statement
- In case of death
- Close my account
- Contact BullionVault
- Make a complaint
- Whitelist our emails
After you place an order BullionVault will display its status in the order panel. You can also select an order to view from the HISTORY > ORDERS screen.
Explanations for each order status are provided below.
Your order has been successfully placed but has yet to trade.
The order will remain open until either:
- It trades 100% of its quantity
- You cancel it, or
- It expires
You will be able to see your market orders on the MARKET screens. Please note that if your order was to buy it will appear as a green 'Best Bid', and if your order was to sell it will appear as an orange 'Best Offer'.
An open order which has been placed into the market order board, and has already traded a portion against other users.
Over time the successfully traded part of the order may increase as other users' orders match against it.
Your order has been processed.
When your market order has matched 100% of its weight against other orders on the BullionVault market, it will be 'fully matched' and no longer trade on the market.
Your market order may expire with only a part of its quantity successfully traded. An order expires when either its 'Good until date' is reached, or it is 'Execute immediate'.
Your market order may expire with no trade being matched. For example, if the order is a 'Good until cancelled' and the order price is significantly far away from the current gold price.
You have manually cancelled your order, releasing any untraded portion of that order back to your available balance.
Your 'Good until date' order has exceeded its specified duration.
You to have insufficient available cash to buy the bullion you requested.
It is possible you have enough funds to buy your bullion, but:
- Please allow 1% for BullionVault's commission when buying gold, silver or platinum. Although BullionVault may charge less than this - depending on your current commission level and the metal you are purchasing - we always reserve 1% to simplify the ordering process.
- Your funds are being used in existing open bid orders or are pending settlement. Please try cancelling any other bids to increase your available funds
- Your funds are held in other currencies. Please try ordering again using an alternative currency, as shown on the ACCOUNT > BALANCE screen.
You do not to have enough bullion to sell for the order you have entered.
It is possible you do have enough gold, silver or platinum to sell, but:
- Your bullion is being used in existing open sell orders, is still pending settlement or is reserved in a specific bar at your request. Please try cancelling any other open offers you have to increase your available bullion
- Your bullion is held a different vault. Please try placing your sell order using an alternative vault, as shown on the ACCOUNT > BALANCE screen.
You have placed a 'Fill or Kill' order. This only trades if the entire order can be met on the market order board at that time, otherwise it will be killed - and trade nothing.
You have placed an order which is more than 10% away from the current live market prices.
This is a feature of BullionVault to prevent accidental orders, and ensure that orders are made at fair market prices.
You cannot trade silver on this account. Certain accounts, like SIPP accounts, are prohibited from owning silver by law. If you want to trade silver, you should open a second, unrestricted account.
You cannot trade platinum on this account. Certain accounts, like SIPP accounts, are prohibited from owning platinum by law. If you want to trade platinum, you should open a second, unrestricted account.
© BullionVault Ltd .