- Agree with our argumentative opponents;
- Reframe the problem;
- Introduce a new solution;
- Provide a way to "save face".
"The problem with QE is it works in practice, but it doesn't work in theory."
- Group 1 comprises newsletter writers, and other dogmatic 'End of the world newsletter salesmen' using every outlet to say 'I told you so...' (even though some of them have been saying so for the last 1000 S&P handles)...
- Group 2 comprises Perma-Bulls and other Wall Street product salesmen, offering 'This is a buying opportunity' and other standard from-the-hip statements whenever the Vix index reaches 30 and the market trades 10% off from its high, at any time...
- Group 3 includes 'any moron with a $1500 E-trade account, twitter, Facebook etc...', summing to roughly 99% nonsense and noise...
- Group 4, however, comprises 'True investors and traders' asking questions such as, 'Is this a good price? Is this a good level? What is my risk stepping in here, on either side? Am I getting better value than I am paying for? What is the downside / upside?' etc.
"With the 'magnification' of noise by social media and the internet in general, one must shut off the first three groups and try to engage, find, follow, communicate with the fourth group only, those looking at FACTS, none dogmatic, understand value, risk, technicals and fundamentals and most importantly those who have no agenda and nothing to sell."
"We all know what to do; we just don't know how to get re-elected after we've done it."
"When it becomes serious, you have to lie."