- In the 16th century, Spain collected the world's gold;
- In the 17th century, the Netherlands was where the gold coins rolled;
- In the 18th century, France was the world's richest nation;
- In the 19th century, Britain brought home the world's gold;
- And in the 20th century, the US was number one – with the largest gold hoard on the planet.
Gold Price News
Gold Investing In Depth
Gold Investment Analysis
Bill Bonner has co-authored a number of New York Times Bestsellers including Financial Reckoning Day, Empire of Debt and Mobs, Markets and Messiahs. In his own opinion, Bill's most recent title, A Modest Theory of Civilization: Win-Win or Lose, is his best work yet. Bill also founded The Agora, a worldwide community for private researchers and publishers, in 1979. Financial analysts within the group have exposed and predicted some of the world's biggest shifts since that time, starting with the fall of the Soviet Union back in the late 1980s, to the collapse of the Dot Com (2000) and then mortgage finance (2008) bubbles, and more recently the election of President Trump.
See full archive of Bill Bonner articles
Please Note: All articles published here are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it. Please review our Terms & Conditions for accessing Gold News.