- Increasing money and credit by the Fed is not the same as increasing wealth. It in fact does the opposite.
- More government spending is not equivalent to increasing wealth.
- Liquidation of debt and correction in wages, salaries, and consumer prices is not the monster that many fear.
- Corrections, allowed to run their course, are beneficial and should not be prolonged by bailouts with massive monetary inflation.
- The people spending their own money is far superior to the government spending it for them.
- Propping up stock and bond prices, the current Fed goal, is not a road to economic recovery.
- Though bailouts help the insiders and the elite 1%, they hinder the economic recovery.
- Production and savings should be the source of capital needed for economic growth.
- Monetary expansion can never substitute for savings but guarantees mal-investment.
- Market rates of interest are required to provide for the economic calculation necessary for growth and reversing an economic downturn.
- Wars provide no solution to a recession/depression. Wars only make a country poorer while war profiteers benefit.
- Bits of paper with ink on them or computer entries are not money – gold is.
- Higher consumer prices per se have nothing to do with a healthy economy.
- Lower consumer prices should be expected in a healthy economy as we experienced with computers, TVs, and cell phones.
Gold Price News
Gold Investing In Depth
Gold Investment Analysis
US Congressman Ron Paul of Texas enjoys a national reputation as the premier advocate for liberty in politics today. The leading spokesman in Washington for limited constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, and a return to sound monetary policies based on commodity-backed currency. He is known among both his colleagues in Congress and his constituents for his consistent voting record in the House of Representatives.
Dr. Paul never votes for legislation unless the proposed measure is expressly authorized by the Constitution. In the words of former Treasury Secretary William Simon, Dr. Paul is the "one exception to the Gang of 535" on Capitol Hill.
See full archive of Ron Paul articles
Please Note: All articles published here are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it. Please review our Terms & Conditions for accessing Gold News.