- Households have never been so dependent on debt as a substitute for stagnating wages.
- Real earnings (adjusted for inflation) have never been so stagnant for the bottom 90% for so long.
- Corporations have never been so dependent on debt (selling bonds or taking on loans) to fund money-losing operations (see Netflix) or stock buybacks designed to saddle the company with debt service expenses to enrich insiders.
- The stock market has never been so dependent on what amounts to fraud – stock buybacks – to push valuations higher.
- The economy has never been so dependent on absurdly overvalued stock valuations to prop up pension funds and the spending of the top 10% who own 85% of all stocks, i.e. "the wealth effect".
- The economy and the stock market have never been so dependent on central bank free money for financiers and corporations, money creation for the few at the expense of the many, what amounts to an embezzlement scheme.
- Federal statistics have never been so gamed, rigged or distorted to support a neo-feudal agenda of claiming a level of wide-spread prosperity that is entirely fictitious.
- Major sectors of the economy have never been such rackets, i.e. cartels and quasi-monopolies that use obscure pricing and manipulation of government mandates to maximize profits while the quality and quantity of the goods and services they produce declines.
- The economy has never been in such thrall to sociopaths who have mastered the exploitation of the letter of the law while completely overturning the spirit of the law.
- Households and companies have never been so dependent on "free money" gained from asset appreciation based on speculation, not an actual increase in productivity or value.
- The ascendancy of self-interest as the one organizing directive in politics and finance has never been so complete, and the resulting moral rot never more pervasive.
- The dependence on fictitious capital masquerading as "wealth" has never been greater.
- The dependence on simulacra, simulations and false fronts to hide the decay of trust, credibility, transparency and accountability has never been so pervasive and complete.
- The corrupt linkage of political power, media ownership, "national security" agencies and corporate power has never been so widely accepted as "normal" and "unavoidable."
- Primary institutions such as higher education, healthcare and national defense have never been so dysfunctional, ineffective, sclerotic, resistant to reform or costly.
- The economy has never been so dependent on constant central bank manipulation of the stock and housing markets.
- The economy has never been so fragile or brittle, and so dependent on convenient fictions to stave off a crash in asset valuations.
- Never before in US history have the most valuable corporations all been engaged in selling goods and services that actively reduce productivity and human happiness.
Gold Price News
Gold Investing In Depth
Gold Investment Analysis
Please Note: All articles published here are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it. Please review our Terms & Conditions for accessing Gold News.