- The Pentagon and its cronies just got an extra $700 billion over the next 10 years. (When the real shooting starts, we predict all this money will just get in the way.)
- The steel industry – famous for putting one over on gullible politicians – paid for trade advisor Peter Navarro's silly Death by China documentary, funneling the money through a "non-profit." It turned out to be one of the best investments steel company Nucor ever made. Donald Trump saw the video and asked Navarro to advise him. What was his advice? To put tariffs on imported steel, handing Nucor a windfall profit.
- The tax cut is supposed to return money to the people who earn it. What it really does is shift the burden of wasteful government spending from the present generation of taxpayers (some of whom make campaign contributions) to the general public and the future. Now, spending will be financed by debt...to be paid by someone, sometime, somehow...
- The Democrats, Republicans, and every other malingerer, chiseler, flimflam fast talker, and goofball win-lose guy scored a major victory when they got Team Trump to join with Democrats Pelosi and Schumer to lift the debt ceiling and propose a budget that avoids any need for tough negotiations, compromises, or cuts.
- Federal debt has been going up at a rate of $200 billion a month for the last six months. It hit a staggering $21 trillion just last month.
Gold Price News
Gold Investing In Depth
Gold Investment Analysis
Bill Bonner has co-authored a number of New York Times Bestsellers including Financial Reckoning Day, Empire of Debt and Mobs, Markets and Messiahs. In his own opinion, Bill's most recent title, A Modest Theory of Civilization: Win-Win or Lose, is his best work yet. Bill also founded The Agora, a worldwide community for private researchers and publishers, in 1979. Financial analysts within the group have exposed and predicted some of the world's biggest shifts since that time, starting with the fall of the Soviet Union back in the late 1980s, to the collapse of the Dot Com (2000) and then mortgage finance (2008) bubbles, and more recently the election of President Trump.
See full archive of Bill Bonner articles
Please Note: All articles published here are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it. Please review our Terms & Conditions for accessing Gold News.