- Impose tariffs on imports that are subsidized by trading partners.
- Subsidize US industries to help them compete globally.
- Use nontariff barriers such as regulation and inspection to block certain foreign imports.
- Penalize trading partners for theft of intellectual property.
- Block the takeover of sensitive US technology using the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States, CFIUS, to block such deals.
Save your cookie preferences
Please select an option below and 'Save' your preferences.
You can update your cookie preferences at any time from the 'Cookies' link in the footer.
Gold Price News
Gold Investing In Depth
Gold Investment Analysis
Please Note: All articles published here are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it. Please review our Terms & Conditions for accessing Gold News, RSS links are shown there.